Thursday, February 3, 2011

made for walking


I may have left it on that beach, the one with all sea lettuce; or maybe it fell out when when I crashed in the snow just outside silvertip. It might be hiding in the smooth rocks along the river, the ones I spent hours sorting through; the cabin on the creek... I may have lost it walking down the road to the bakery. 

this one is for you reader; "But in other hours, Nature satisfies by its loveliness, and without any mixture of corporeal benefit. I see the spectacle of morning from the hill-top over against my house, from day-break to sun-rise, with emotions which an angel might share. The long slender bars of cloud float like fishes in the sea of crimson light. From the earth, as a shore, I look out into that silent sea. I seem to partake its rapid transformations: the active enchantment reaches my dust, and I dilate and conspire with the morning wind. How does Nature deify us with a few and cheap elements! Give me health and a day, and I will make the pomp of emperors ridiculous. The dawn is my Assyria; the sun-set and moon-rise my Paphos" - Emerson



Sometimes it's just to hard to know where they will take you

No comments:

Post a Comment